QUALITY RELIABILITY GUARANTEE
The materials used to manufacture all the component parts of the system have been produced with quality raw materials and are subjected to various tests and controls. This is why we can confidently offer a 10-year guarantee. Below we have detailed the technical specifications of each of the components of our frameless glazing system.
The guiding profiles act as the framework on which the running gears (attached to the glass) slide.
- The profiles are manufactured with aluminium (EN AW 6060), with a tolerance that complies with the EN755-9 standard.
- The profiles remain unaltered over time and do not rust.
- Due to the geometry and strength of the materials, the profiles can support elements of up to 3 metres in height and 900mm in width.
- The profile is joined to the glass by gluing and mechanical riveting.
- The surfaces of the profile can be powder coated or anodised, using any colour from the RAL chart in according to customer requirements.
We use 8mm or 10mm tempered security glass with polished vertical edges, manufactured to the EN 12150-1 standard.
- The rivet holes in the glass panels are made using the established standard distances permitted between the holes and the edge of the glass.
- Tempered glass can endure much greater impacts than untreated glass.
- The way that security glass breaks is unique; if a part of the glass panel does get broken, the entire panel will automatically break into tiny pieces, without leaving large pieces or dangerous edges, thereby reducing the chances of injury.
METAL & PLASTIC PARTS
The plastic or metallic parts used in the manufacture of our glass curtains are of excellent quality.
- The metal parts used in the system are all of stainless steel and aluminium, which guarantees their long-term durability.
- The plastic parts used are composed of weather-resistant materials and are produced using an injection moulding process.
- The type of plastic used is known as toughened plastic and is used in the system’s rollers
- The plastic parts of our glass curtains system have passed stringent ageing tests and comply with ISO 4892-2 standards.
DURABILITY & LONGEVITY
The mechanisms and structure of our glass curtains system have undergone no change since their invention. This in itself is a confirmation of its long-term durability and functionality. The system has been installed in places with extreme wind conditions such as South Africa, Iceland and the USA. It has shown itself to be resistant and remain undamaged in every place it has been installed.
Our system has been tested by the VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland in accordance with ETA requirements, such as:
- EN 12211 Wind Load test
- SFS-EN 12600 Shock resistance test
In addition, our system has been tested in the USA and complies with the following local standards:
- ASTM 283-04 Air Infiltration and exfiltration test
- ASTM E 547-00(09) Water penetration resistance test
- ASTM E 330-02 (10) Uniform Load Structural Test